- 1 How to Easily Create a WordPress Contact Form (2022 Guide)
- 2 How to Add a Contact Form in WordPress (The Easy Way)
- 2.1 Video Tutorial
- 2.2 Step 1: Choose the Best Contact Form Plugin
- 2.3 Step 2: Install the Contact Form Plugin on Your Site
- 2.4 Step 3: Create a Contact Form in WordPress
- 2.5 Step 4: Configure Form Notifications and Confirmations
- 2.6 Step 5: Add Your WordPress Contact Form in a Page
- 2.7 Step 6: Add Your Contact Form in Sidebars
- 2.8 Track Your WordPress Form Conversions
- 3 Video WordPress custom contact forms
Home Blog How to Easily Create a WordPress Contact Form (2022 Guide)
How to Easily Create a WordPress Contact Form (2022 Guide)
Last updated by Sajjan Sharma January 10, 2022
Share on Facebook Share Share on Twitter Tweet Share on LinkedIn Share on Pinterest Pin
Want to learn how to create a contact form in WordPress?
If you want to communicate with your visitors, a contact form is essential for your website. With it, you can receive feedback, provide customer support, answer questions, and more.
In this article, we will show you the easiest way to create a contact form for your WordPress site.
Before that, let’s take a step back and see how contact forms can help your website.
Why add a contact form to WordPress?
If you’re wondering why contact forms are important, the answer is simple.
With a contact form, your visitors can easily contact you directly from your website. This way, users can easily ask questions, get customer support, provide feedback, and more.
Since they can easily contact you this way, it saves your potential customers from leaving your site and going to your competitors.
This is just the beginning. Here are some other amazing ways contact forms can help your site.
- Fast communication – When people fill out a contact form, the information is sent to you instantly. Then you can quickly contact them whenever you are available.
- Important Facts: In a phone call or email, people may not give you the information you need. But with a contact form, you can let people know exactly what information you want.
- Spam protection: You can also prevent spambots from using contact forms. Therefore, you don’t need to read spam emails to find out the necessary information.
- Lead Generation – Over 70% of your visitors will leave your site and never return. But with a contact form, you can collect their information and add them to your email marketing list.
- Organized data: As soon as people submit the contact form, the data is automatically divided into different categories. This saves you time when manually organizing data.
And there’s so much more you can do with contact forms on your website.
Easy communication means you can keep your visitors engaged, provide better customer service, reach potential customers for marketing, and so much more.
Now let’s get to the easiest way to create a contact form in WordPress.
The easiest way to add a contact form in WordPress
Forget building contact forms from scratch. With WordPress, all you need is a contact form plugin, and you can create your forms with ease.
When it comes to contact form plugins, there are a ton of options available. The best of the bunch has to be WPForms though.
With WPForms, you can start creating stunning contact forms for your WordPress site in just minutes, with no coding required.
En plus d’être facile à utiliser, WPForms regorge de fonctionnalités intéressantes pour vous aider à créer des formulaires de contact à haute conversion. En fait, voici quelques faits saillants :
- Générateur de glisser-déposer : en utilisant le simple générateur de glisser-déposer, vous pouvez créer rapidement vos formulaires de contact, même si vous êtes un novice de WordPress.
- Modèles prédéfinis : vous pouvez simplement saisir un modèle prêt à l’emploi, le modifier avec le générateur de glisser-déposer et avoir un formulaire de contact prêt à l’emploi en quelques minutes.
- Multi-Page Forms: To make longer forms more engaging, WPForms allows you to divide them into different pages.
- Smart Conditional Logic: With WPForms, you can create smart forms that show or hide fields depending on the person’s choices. So, you can make shorter forms that only have the necessary fields.
- Payment Support: Your visitors can even use Paypal or Stripe to make payments using your forms. As a result, you can have convenient order forms on your website.
And that’s just the start. WPForms is an all-in-one solution for building forms on your WordPress site. With over 5 million satisfied users, it’s easily the best contact form plugin in the market.
Want to find out more? You can just take a look at our in-depth review of WPForms here.
With that, let’s move on and see how you can create your contact form in WordPress.
How to Create a Contact Form in WordPress
Using WPForms, you can easily build your contact form in just 5 steps. Let’s get started and go through these steps below:
Step 1: Download and Install the WPForms WordPress Plugin
First of all, you can get your copy of WPForms here. Once you have the plugin, you can just install and activate it on your website.
Not sure how that’s done? Just check out this simple guide on how to install WordPress plugins.
After that, you can move on to step 2 where you create your new contact form.
Step 2: Create a New Contact Form
Now, you can create a new contact form for your site. To do that, first, go to WPForms » Add New from your WordPress dashboard.
In the next screen, you can select the template for your new form. To continue, just scroll down and go to the Simple Contact Form option.
When your mouse is hovering over the option, just click on Use Template.
Once you do that, WPForms automatically creates a simple contact form for you.
Now you now have a new contact form on your site. On it, you get 3 custom fields where people can enter their information:
- Name field: First and last names of your visitor
- Email field: The email address of the person
- Comment or Message field: A place to enter a message
Below that, you have the Submit Button that your visitors can press to submit their contact form.
After that, it’s time to go to step 3 where you can add all the custom fields you need on the contact form.
Step 3: Add Your Custom Fields
Now that you’ve created your contact form, you need to add new custom fields where visitors can enter their information.
You can easily do this using WPForm’s simple drag and drop editor. On the left panel, you can find the different custom fields. And on the right, you can see your new contact form.
Just pick a field that you want from the left and then drag and drop it on your contact form on the right.
For this tutorial, we’ll add the Numbers field to collect the phone numbers of your users.
After that, you can change the options for your new custom field.
To do that, just click on the new field. You’ll then see the options on the left panel.
Using the Label field, you can change the text that appears on the field.
Below that, you have the Description field that you can use to show more information about the field.
Finally, you can toggle the Required option below to change whether the user has to complete the field or not.
You’ll get different options here for other types of custom fields. Once you’ve changed these options, click on the Advanced tab at the top of the left panel.
Here, you can change the advanced options for your field. The options here are:
- Field Size: Choose the size of the field on the screen
- Placeholder Text: Add a bit of text that appears before the user fills the custom field
- Default Value: Select what value the field would have if the user doesn’t fill it
- CSS Classes: Customize the field even further using CSS codes
- Hide Label: Choose to show or hide the label of the field
After you’ve changed the advanced settings, you can click on the Smart Logic tab.
Here, you can enable Conditional Logic for your field. You can then hide or show your field depending on the answer of another field on the contact form.
Then, you can just click on the Add Fields button to continue adding more custom fields to your new contact form.
Finally, you can click on the Save button on the top right once you’re done adding custom fields.
After that, it’s time to go to step 4, where you change the settings for the contact form.
Step 4: Change the Settings for Your Form
The next step after adding your custom fields is to change the settings of your new contact form.
First, click on the Settings button on the left to open your settings page.
On this page, you’ll see the General Settings for your new contact form. With it, you can set up these:
- Form Name: The name of your new contact form
- Form Description: A basic description of what the contact form does
- Submit Button Text: The label that appears on the submit button of the contact form
- Submit Button Processing Text: The label that appears on the submit button when the form is processing
- Enable anti-spam protection: Enable or disable protection from spam bots for your form
After you enter your settings here, click on the Save button.
Then, go to the Notifications options on the left to check out the other settings.
Here, you can change the email notifications that you get when someone submits the form.
First, you can use the Enable Notifications toggle to set whether or not you receive these notifications.
Under that, you can change the details for your notifications:
- Sent to Email Address: The email address that receives these notifications
- Email Subject Line: The subject line for your contact form notification emails
- From Name: The sender’s name for your notification emails
- From Email: The email address which sends your notification emails
If you scroll down, you can find the Reply-To Email Address field. Using this, you can choose the email address that’ll receive the replies to your notification emails.
After that, you can change the contents of the notification emails using the Email Message field. If you leave it as it is, the email notifications will show you the information from the contact form.
Finally, you have the option to Enable Conditional Logic for the emails.
Using that option, you can set your contact form to only send the notification emails if certain custom fields are filled in a specific way.
Once you’ve set these options, click on the Save button.
You can then go to the Confirmations option on the left to change the next settings.
Using these settings, you can change the message your viewers get when they complete the contact form.
Just add in the message you like in the Confirmation Message field and then click on Save.
And just like that, you’ve created a new contact form and then properly set it up.
Your next step is to go ahead and finally add the contact form on your WordPress site.
Step 5: Add the Contact Form to Your Website
Finally, you can embed the contact form on your WordPress website.
There are 2 ways you can do that:
- Add the contact form to your WordPress page
- Add the contact form to your WordPress sidebar or footer
Let’s take a look at both methods below.
Add the Contact Form to Your WordPress Page
To embed your contact form on a page, click on the Embed button in the top right corner.
You’ll then see a popup that asks you where you want to embed your contact form. You can either Select Existing Page or Create New Page for your contact form.
Once you select the option you want, the plugin will either send you to a new page or an existing page.
There, just click on the small plus (+) icon and then select the WPForms block.
After that, you’ll see a new block on your page that asks you to choose which contact form you want to embed.
Just use the dropdown menu and select your contact form from earlier.
Finally, click on the Publish or Update button, and you’re done! You can now open your site and check out how your contact form looks.
Now let’s go ahead and look at the second way to embed your contact form.
Add the Contact Form to Your WordPress Sidebar or Footer
The next way to add your contact form is to embed it on your sidebar or footer as a WordPress widget.
First, go to Appearance » Widgets from your WordPress dashboard.
There, you can see all the different widget-ready areas of your WordPress site. To continue, just click on a Sidebar panel from the available options.
You can also click on a Footer panel here to embed your contact form on the footer area.
For this tutorial, we’ll use a sidebar.
Now, click on the plus (+) icon and select the WPForms widget from the options.
You’ll now see a widget that allows you to embed your forms. Just use the dropdown menu under the Form field to select your contact form.
Then click on the Update button, and you’ve officially added your new contact form to your WordPress sidebar.
You now can open your website and check how the contact form looks.
And that’s it!
This was our guide on how to create a contact form in WordPress. As you can see, you can build contact forms easily on your website using the WPForms plugin.
As the best WordPress contact form plugin, WPForms lets you build powerful contact forms in just a few easy steps.
Then, you can engage your visitors, generate leads, and get more sales with your forms.
So what are you waiting for?
Go and grab your copy of WPForms today and you can have high-converting contact forms on your website.
If you want to convert website visitors into customers quickly, check out this list of the best testimonial page examples.
Want to use social media marketing to boost your business? Take a look at our easy guide on how to get more Facebook followers for your business.
Found this guide helpful? Then you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more helpful tips and tutorials.
Añadir un comentarioCancelar respuesta
How to Add a Contact Form in WordPress (The Easy Way)
Last updated on Jan 25, 2021 by Jolissa Skow
Facebook Tweet LinkedIn
Do you want to add a contact form on your WordPress site to stay in touch with your users?
By adding a contact form to your site, you provide an easy way for your site visitors to express their questions or concerns. Allowing people to communicate makes for a better user experience and gives you valuable feedback.
In this article, we’ll show you how to create a WordPress contact form.
Why Create a WordPress Contact Form?
WordPress contact forms make your site easy to use and help with conversion rate optimization. How? Here are a few reasons contact forms are awesome:
MonsterInsights is the best WordPress Analytics plugin. Get it for free!
- User-friendly: Imagine your users copying your email address, and then opening their email account to send you an email. It’s a boring and tedious process. On the other hand, a contact form provides a ready-to-use place for users to enter their message and hit send immediately. It’s way more convenient, and, in addition, will keep users from navigating away from your site.
- Spam Protection: By using a contact form, you can get rid of those pesky spambots. Weed out the spam before it has a chance to get into your inbox!
- Organized Information: When emailing, people will send you information in their own unique style and you’ll need to process it yourself. But, with a contact form, you’ll receive organized and consistent information from your users. In other words: you can guide them through the messaging process so that they only send you what’s relevant.
Now, let’s check out the steps to create a WordPress contact form easily.
Not interested in watching the video? Read our detailed written tutorial on adding contact forms in WordPress.
How to Add a Contact Form in WordPress
Adding a WordPress contact form is easy and requires no coding! Follow these steps and your contact form will be ready in no time.
Step 1: Choose the Best Contact Form Plugin
The first thing you’ll need to do is choose the best contact form plugin for your site.
With so many form plugin choices available, the process of finding the right one for your needs can be an exhausting process.
So, for your convenience, we’ve reviewed and handpicked the best contact form plugins for you. You can choose one from our list. Easy-peasy!
We’ve chosen WPForms for this tutorial as we think it’s the absolute best contact form plugin for WordPress.
Here is why we think WPForms is the best contact form plugin:
- It’s the most beginner-friendly contact form plugin available
- You can create simple contact forms to advanced forms easily without needing to touch any code
- It comes in both a free version and paid versions so you have multiple options when choosing a suitable plan
Now that we’ve decided on the contact form plugin, let’s go ahead and install it on your site.
Step 2: Install the Contact Form Plugin on Your Site
To start, open your WordPress dashboard and install the WPForms Lite plugin by going to Plugins » Add New.
In the search field, type WPForms to find the plugin. It’s the one with Sullie the bear waving at you.
Once you find the right one, click Install Now button.
After it’s installed, you’ll need to click the Activate button to complete the installation process.
Then, you’ll see a welcome page appear on your screen and a WPForms menu in your WordPress admin area.
Step 3: Create a Contact Form in WordPress
Now that you’ve successfully installed WPForms, you’re ready to make a contact form in WordPress.
Go to WPForms » Add New in your WordPress admin area.
It’ll open form setup page. Enter your form name and select the Simple Contact Form.
This will open WPForms drag and drop form builder, and there you’ll see a ready-to-use simple contact form. It’s a pre-made form in WPForms.
The pre-made form has several basic fields included by default: Name, Email, and Message box. If this suits your needs, you can go ahead and click the Save button at the top.
Here, you can also add additional fields to your contact form simply by dragging them from the left-hand side panel to the right-hand side panel.
If you’re using WPForms Lite, you only have access to the standard fields on your form. If you want to use Fancy Fields and Payment Fields, you’ll need to purchase WPForms Pro. It allows you to create advanced forms like order forms, donation forms, survey forms, etc.
If you want to customize the form, you can simply drag the fields and reorder them. Also, you can customize the form fields by clicking the Field Options tab.
Once you’re done customizing, you can save it.
Step 4: Configure Form Notifications and Confirmations
Now that you’ve created your contact form, you’ll need to configure your form notifications and confirmations properly.
A form notification is an email you’ll get after a user submits a message via the contact form your site.
To configure your form notifications, go to Settings » Notifications in your form creation area.
You’ll see default settings already there which you can simply leave untouched if you want the administrator email to receive the messages. This feature makes it easy for beginners.
Also of interest: a form confirmation is what your website visitor sees after submitting a message via the form on your site. It can be a thank you email, display a page, or redirect them to a specific URL.
To configure your form confirmation, go to Settings » Confirmation in your form creation area.
You can see the form confirmation type Message by default which you can leave as is or change it to Show page or Go to URL.
If you made any changes, make sure to click the Save button.
Step 5: Add Your WordPress Contact Form in a Page
Now that you’ve created and configured your contact form settings, let’s look at how to add a form to a page in WordPress.
So, create a new page or open to edit an existing page where you want to add the contact form.
If you’re using the Classic editor, in your post or page editor, go to the Add Form button and click it.
A popup box will appear. Select the contact form you want to add and click the Add Form button.
A contact form shortcode will be added to your page content. Now go ahead and save your page.
Then you can open/ preview the page to see how your contact form looks. Here’s how it looks using the default WordPress theme.
If you’re using the Gutenberg block editor, add the WPForms widget.
Now, you just need to click on the drop down menu to select the form you want.
There, that’s how to add a contact form in a WordPress page or post quickly and easily with WPForms.
Step 6: Add Your Contact Form in Sidebars
Now, if you want to add your contact form in the sidebars or other widget-ready areas, like your site’s footer, you can use the WPForms widget.
Dans votre tableau de bord WordPress, accédez à Apparence » Widgets et accédez au widget WPForms.
Ensuite, faites glisser le widget vers la zone de la barre latérale sur le côté droit de la page.
Ajoutez le titre de votre widget et sélectionnez votre formulaire dans le menu déroulant et cliquez sur le bouton Enregistrer .
Track Your WordPress Form Conversions
Now that you’ve added a contact form to your site, it’s important to know how your contact forms are performing.
By tracking your WordPress contact forms, you can see the total number of views and conversions your forms trigger, as well as the conversion rate of your forms. Additionally, you can see which form gets the most views and submissions and their conversion rates.
If you want to get into form tracking, the best way is to use the MonsterInsights Google Analytics plugin.
It has a powerful form tracking plugin that automatically tracks your form conversions.
It’s an easy-to-use tool that you can set up in just a few clicks without having to touch any code. Simply install and activate MonsterInsights Forms and the plugin will automatically start crawling your forms.
Not to mention that it integrates with WPForms as well as all other WordPress form plugins.
Read our complete guide on how to track WordPress form conversions for beginners.
We hope this article helped you learn how to create a WordPress contact form. If you enjoyed this article, you might want to check out our complete guide on how to track conversions in Google Analytics.
And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube for more helpful WordPress and Google Analytics tips.