- 1 How to fix “Another update is currently in progress” error in WordPress
- 2 update is in progress vs updating is in progress
- 3 How to Fix “Another Update is Currently in Progress” Error in WordPress
- 4 Video An update is already in progress
How to fix “Another update is currently in progress” error in WordPress
Dernière update on February 22, 2022by Editorial Team | Reader Disclosure Disclosure : Our content is endorsed by the reader. This means that if you click on some of our links, we may earn a commission. See how WPBeginner is funded, why it’s important, and how you can support us.
Shares 232 Share Tweet Share Facebook Messenger WhatsApp Email
Do you want to fix the “another update is currently in progress” error?
This error prevents updating WordPress. Normally, debería disappears automatically. Pero si no es así, tendras que arreglarlo manually.
In this article, we will show you how to fix the “another update is currently in progress” error in WordPress, step by step.
Why do I get the error “Another update is currently in progress”?
This message usually appears when running a core WordPress update on a deuxième plan and a user intends to start another update process.
During the main refresh process, WordPress automatically sets a refresh block on the WordPress database. This is a database block that prevents ejecting simultaneous updates to the website, which can cause WordPress errors or destroy important data.
This message is set to automatically disappear in 15 minutes or until the refresh process is complete. Sin embargo, if this is atascado en este mensaje, deberá eliminarlo manually.
Ceci étant, let’s take a look at how you can fix the “another update is currently in progress” error in WordPress.
Fixing the ‘Another update in progress’ error in WordPress
In order to experience the error of another update in progress, you need to delete the ‘core_updater.lock’ archive from the WordPress database. The simplest form is to use phpMyAdmin .
Nota: antes de realizar cambios en su base de datos o archivos de temas de WordPress , es una buena idea crear una copia de seguridad completa del sitio web. Para obtener más información, consulte nuestra guía sobre cómo hacer una copia de seguridad de su sitio de WordPress .
Primero, debe iniciar sesión en el panel de control de cPanel de su cuenta de alojamiento de WordPress . Estamos usando Bluehost , por lo que su pantalla puede verse un poco diferente si está usando otra empresa de alojamiento.
From your Bluehost dashboard, you’ll need to click on the Advanced tab on the left. Next, navigate to the ‘Databases’ section and click on the ‘phpMyAdmin’ icon. If you don’t see a phpMyAdmin option in your hosting dashboard, you should contact your hosting company’s support for help.
This will launch the phpMyAdmin app, where you need to select your WordPress database. Once you click your database, it will display all of the tables inside the database.
Then, you need to click the ‘Browse’ button next to the WordPress options tables (wp_options).
This brings up all of the rows inside the options table.
You need to find the row with the option name ‘core_updater.lock’ and click on the delete button next to it.
Now, phpMyAdmin will automatically delete the row from your database.
When you go back to your WordPress website, the another update in process error will be gone, and you can continue updating your site.
If you’re still seeing other errors, then you can see our beginner’s guide on troubleshooting WordPress errors to get more help.
We hope this article helped you learn how to fix the ‘another update is currently in progress’ error in WordPress. You may also want to see our guide on how to choose the best web design software and our expert picks of the best live chat software for small businesses.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.
Shares 232 Share Tweet Share Facebook Messenger WhatsApp Email
update is in progress vs updating is in progress
A complete search of the internet has found these results:
update is in progress is the most popular phrase on the web.
More popular! update is in progress
405,000 results on the web
Some examples from the web:
- As others have mentioned, the implementing regulation for the update is in progress, but we already know that certain issues are not going to be covered.
- We will keep in contact and update progress.
- It was agreed to have an update on progress at the next Senior Officials’ Meeting.
- The Kosovo authorities will provide an update on progress in this area at the July SAPD high-level meeting.
- Updates and progress reports will be provided at 6 monthly intervals for 5 years post-approval on patients treated with Xagrid.
- It was agreed to have an update on progress at the next Senior Officials’ Meeting.
- whereas work is currently in progress to update the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises, in particular those relating to improving the national contact points and a liability regime for supply chains,
- I want a thorough update on the progress of his interrogation.
- I want real time updates on his progress.
- The applicant will provide regular updates on study progress within the PSURs.
- Get a progress update from Durant.
- I was hoping to get an update on your progress.
- The Intelligence Committee is receiving live updates on the progress of the investigation from the Justice Department.
- regularly update its progress report on the level of implementation of its MAP;
- Can the Commission provide an update on progress in implementing this part of the regulation?
- Can the Commission provide an update on progress on this issue?
- Member States shall submit an update of their projected progress before 1 July 2016.
- The report we have been debating today seeks to provide an update on the progress that has been made in accession negotiations with all the candidate countries.
- Could it provide a progress update on developments in its implementation since it was amended by Directive 2009/136/EC OJ L 337, 18.12.2009, p.
- The last progress update can also be found in the declaration adjoined to the compromise package.
updating is in progress
91,000 results on the web
Some examples from the web:
- I was recording a video-message for Central… Updating them on your progress.
- The Committee recommends that this machinery should be used more systematically to ensure a creative civil society input to updating and monitoring progress on sustainable development in Europe.
- Do you think you should be updating me on your progress?
- Acknowledges that the Authority has made significant progress in updating its procurement procedures so as to comply with Union procurement rules;
- I therefore believe updating is imperative.
- Further updating, while the budgetary procedure is in progress, is possible only if the two branches of the budgetary authority agree.
- Renovating, modernizing, updating is vital to me.
- Such a waiting period for a formal updating is extremely long.
- Regular updating is after all a method which helps to develop this field.
- This was provided for in the Commission’s proposal concerning permits under the IPPC Directive, where such updating is a key revision.
- Again, one question which arises when we talk of updating is the scope of future guidelines.
- As with several other chapters in the Treaty, its updating is made possible in a practical way since it includes its own revision mechanism.
- This Communication represents work in progress.
- Negotiations with the Portuguese authorities are in progress.
- The work in progress may nevertheless continue until December 31, 2017.
- Excessive deficit procedures are underway against 20 EU countries.
- Another file download is still in progress.
- An incursion is already underway.
- All units available, removal in progress.
- Code 99. Possible 207 in progress.
IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH
3 reasons to subscribe to our newsletter:
Improve your written English
Weekly emails with helpful tips
More than 190,000 users already registered
Do you want to improve your business writing in English?
YOUR NAME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
- Resource Center
- How to Fix “Another Update is Currently in Progress” Error in WordPress
How to Fix “Another Update is Currently in Progress” Error in WordPress
Last update: June 20, 2022
When WordPress breaks, it can be pretty frustrating to try and figure out what’s causing the issue. It’s especially annoying when the problem doesn’t resolve for hours and blocks you from using an important part of your site.
Are you getting a strange error on your Updates page preventing you from upgrading WordPress core or even your theme and plugins? Sometimes this problem will sort itself out, but if you’ve waited a long time and you’re still stuck on this message, it’s not likely to resolve on its own.
In a hurry? Save this article as a PDF.
Tired of scrolling? Download a PDF version for easier offline reading and sharing with coworkers.
Let’s go over why this problem happens and a few suggested ways to get your site working again.
Table of Contents
- Causes of the Update in Progress Error
- 3 Ways To Fix the WordPress Update in Progress Error
Check out our video guide to fix “Another update is currently in progress” error
Causes of update in progress error
When your site is working as expected, navigate to the Dashboard > Updates screen to view your current version of WordPress. You can also launch an update for the WordPress core, your theme or your plugins.
WordPress Updates Screen
But if your site has been updated recently, you might notice a brief message has taken over or appears when you try to update or reinstall anything: “Another update is currently In progress”.
Kinsta spoiled me so much that I now demand this level of service from every provider. We also try to be at this level with our SaaS tool support.
Suganthan Mohanadasan de @Suganthanmn Voir les plans
This removes all update buttons and prevents you from doing anything else on the page.
WordPress update progress screen
If you know you just ran an update, this is actually a feature to prevent you from accidentally breaking your site while an update is downloading.
Si vous n’avez pas démarré la mise à jour vous-même, cela peut avoir été causé par la fonction de mise à jour automatique ou un autre utilisateur de votre site avec des privilèges de haut niveau a pu lancer le processus de mise à jour.
Mais s’il est normal de voir cet écran pendant qu’une mise à jour est en cours d’exécution, il n’est pas normal qu’il y reste pendant des heures.
WordPress verrouille intentionnellement votre base de données, mais parfois le verrou n’est pas supprimé correctement. Peut-être que la mise à jour ne s’est pas terminée correctement en raison d’un problème de connexion au serveur ou de quelque chose d’autre qui s’est mal passé, mais vous pourriez rester bloqué indéfiniment sur l’écran “Mise à jour en cours”.
When WordPress crashes, it can be quite frustrating. 😥 This guide is here to help you 🤓Click to Tweet
Why Core Updates Lock WordPress Database
So why this strange message? Why would WordPress intentionally block access to the updates screen like this?
Each time WordPress runs a major update, it adds a row to the database to prevent any other updates (including plugin and theme updates) from running during the update. sometimes up to 15 minutes after completion. It doesn’t matter if the update takes 5 seconds to install; updates will still be blocked for 15 minutes.
There’s a good reason for this. If a database table is updated simultaneously from two different sources, it could result in database corruption and serious data loss on your site.
For example, if you run a theme and a core update at the same time, there’s a small chance that both operations could end up modifying the same database table and taking your whole site down.
This update lock prevents you or any other auto-update routine from corrupting your site and your important data.
That’s why it’s recommended you wait out the 15 minutes and don’t attempt to manually remove the lock to run a second update, as it could have serious consequences.
But if you’ve been waiting and waiting and your Updates page just isn’t fixing itself, you will need to take manual action. (And when you’re done, you may want to check out our guide to repairing database tables in case the failed update broke anything).
3 Ways To Fix the WordPress Update in Progress Error
It’s normal to see the “update in progress” message for about 15 minutes after an update is initiated, so don’t jump to messing with your database too quickly. But if you’ve waited some time and are still seeing the error, it’s probably time to take further measures into your own hands.
Wait at least an hour since you first noticed the message, then try out one of these steps. Always remember to backup your database and your site as a whole before editing back-end files, especially if you aren’t familiar with the process.
And if none of these steps work or you’re just not comfortable trying to fix it yourself, you can always reach out to your host and ask for their help.
Use a plugin
Usually fixing this problem requires digging into your database or getting used to advanced dev tools like WP-CLI, but if you don’t want to risk breaking anything there is a lot option more simple.
Fixed another update in progress
Le correctif d’une autre mise à jour en cours fait exactement ce qu’il indique sur la boîte. Bien qu’il s’agisse d’un plugin plus ancien qui n’a pas été mis à jour depuis longtemps, des critiques récentes indiquent qu’il fonctionne toujours très bien (et ses installations actives de plus de 10 000 en attestent).
Il n’y a pas non plus beaucoup d’autres alternatives disponibles, c’est donc la meilleure option dans le référentiel WordPress. Mais il ne semble plus être pris en charge par le développeur, alors utilisez-le à vos risques et périls.
Pour l’installer, connectez-vous et accédez à Plugins > Add New . Recherchez “réparer une autre mise à jour en cours” et cliquez pour installer le plugin.
You can also download the plugin manually and click Download Plugin on this page.
Once you enable it, you will see a new menu under Settings titled Fix Another Update In Progress .
Access the remediation settings of another update in progress
If it detects the lock in your database, it will display this screen. Simply click the Fix WordPress Update Lock button and the database entry should be instantly removed.
Fix WordPress Update Lock Button
Après cela, vous êtes prêt à partir et votre page “Mises à jour” devrait être à nouveau utilisable. Ce n’est pas une bonne idée de laisser des plugins inutilisés sur votre site, vous pouvez donc continuer et les désinstaller si vous ne voyez pas ce problème se reproduire.
Même si vous n’avez jamais fouillé dans votre base de données auparavant, cette solution est assez simple et sûre tant que vous ne touchez à aucun paramètre sensible. Assurez-vous simplement d’exécuter une sauvegarde avant de toucher quoi que ce soit dans votre base de données et de ne supprimer que la seule ligne interrompue.
First, you need to login to PhpMyAdmin. Kinsta users can open MyKinsta and access PhpMyAdmin through its interface. If you’re using another host, you can usually access it through cPanel.
Access databases in cPanel.
From the left menu with several drop-downs, open your site’s database and select wp_options .
Access wp_options in cPanel
Once you click on wp_options, you should see a table of different database entries. You may see it right in the list, or your table may be way too big. If you can’t find it, use the Filter Rows bar above the table and enter ” core_updater.lock ” to jump to it directly.
Now just click Delete on the “core_updater.lock” line.
Removed core_updater.lock line.
With that, you’re free to go back to WordPress and update your site again.
If messing with your sensitive database feels a bit too uncomfortable, or all those tables make you feel overwhelmed, there’s a quick and easy solution: WP-CLI.
This is the WordPress command-line interface, a way to interact with your database or other aspects of your site without needing to manually navigate through cPanel and PhpMyAdmin. Enter one line of code and your problem is instantly solved.
Many WordPress hosts these days (including Kinsta) already come with WP-CLI installed, so you don’t need to do any difficult setup.
As with editing your database directly, you should still back up your site before running the command line.
Check out How to SSH in for more tips, but here’s the basics: Windows users will need to install a program like PuTTY, while Mac and Linux users already have a built-in terminal.
You will also need to get your SSH credentials from your host. You may find what is in cPanel under SSH Access, or Kinsta users can find it in the About tab in MyKinsta .
Windows users should install PuTTY and increase the number of hosts/IP, port, number of users and counterpart provided by su host.
Mac and Linux users can simply open Terminal and access this command:
ssh [email protected] -p port number
Enter your password if prompted.
Ahora, you are using PuTTY in Windows or Terminal in Mac or Linux, debería poder ingresar comandos en su servidor. Write the following:
option wp eliminar core_updater.lock
Making changes on the command line.
Getting there is a bit difficult, but with that one command, your troubles are over.
Are you getting an error preventing you from updating WordPress core or even your theme and plugins? 👀 Read more 👇Click to tweet
L’erreur “Another update in progress” can be very annoying when it appears. A small database bug can cause a lot of confusion if you can’t update your site for days.
Unfortunately, adjusting it is a simple enough task. If you access WP-CLI or PhpMyAdmin, you can simply remove the blockage and the site will return to normality. If no se siente cómodo haciendo eso, install a complemento que lo haga por usted.
And if nothing works, you can always contact your host and ask them to remove the broken database entry.
Just remember to give the message 15 minutes à une heure avant to go to the trouble of trying to fix this, as it may resolve itself sooner than that. That données database lock is placed there for a reason, and it can harm your database if you delete it sooner than it’s supposed to.
WordPress errors are common and it helps to know what to do when they arise.
Save time, costs and maximize site performance with:
- Instant support from WordPress alojamiento experts, 24/7.
- Cloudflare enterprise integration.
- Alcance of global audience with 35 data centers all over the world.
- Optimize with our built-in application performance monitoring.
All that and much more, in a single plan with no long-term contracts, assisted migrations, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. Check out our plans or talk to sales to find the plan that’s right for you.