- 1 Why isn’t your channel or video showing up in YouTube search results?
- 2 How to Fix YouTube Search Not Working Issue?
- 3 YouTube channel not showing in search (HOW TO FIX)
- 4 Video Youtube video not showing up in search
Why isn’t your channel or video showing up in YouTube search results?
If you recently created your channel or video, updated your video, or changed your channel name, it may take a few days for it to appear in YouTube search results.
If it’s been a few days and you still can’t find your video in search results, try the steps below:
Find your channel in search results
- Search by channel ID instead of your channel name. Learn how to find your Channel ID.
- Use the FILTER option at the top of the search results to show only channels.
Find your video in search results
If you recently edited your video, it may take a few days for your uploaded videos to appear in YouTube search results.
If it’s been a few days and you still can’t find your video in search results, you can try:
- Find the exact video ID.
- Use the search filters to refine your search.
- Improve your video tags to help your video show up in search.
- Check YouTube Studio to see if any of your videos have errors.
How YouTube ranks search results
YouTube search tries to show you the most relevant results. Results can include videos, channels, playlists, and live streams. You may not find your channel at the top of search results if:
- Your channel name is commonly used in video titles.
- You have a common channel name.
- Your YouTube channel is new.
- Your channel name may not be suitable for all audiences.
Give your opinion on this article
Choose a section to give your opinion
- How to Fix YouTube Search Not Working Issue?
How to Fix YouTube Search Not Working Issue?
By Vicky | Follow | Last updated on February 08, 2022
YouTube returns no results when using YouTube search? If so, you’ve come to the right place. This post of MiniTool uTube Downloader collects some solutions for YouTube search not working and you can try them one by one.
In this page:
- Solution 1 – Clear your browser cache and cookies
- Solution 2 – Open incognito mode
- Solution 3 – Update your browser
- Solution 4 – Use another browser
- Solution 5 – Correct the date and time on your device
- Solution 6: Clear Youtube app data and cache
- Solution 7 – Update your YouTube app
- Solution 8 – Enable incognito mode in YouTube app
- Solution 9 – Update the operating system on your device
De nombreux utilisateurs de YouTube se sont plaints du fait que YouTube n’affichait aucun résultat de recherche lorsqu’ils recherchaient une vidéo. Quelle mauvaise expérience ce fut !
Pourquoi la “recherche YouTube ne fonctionne-t-elle pas” ? Il existe de nombreux facteurs, tels qu’une mauvaise connexion Internet, des paramètres de date et d’heure incorrects, etc. Quelle que soit la raison, la recherche YouTube ne fonctionne pas sur votre appareil. Essayez les solutions suivantes une par une jusqu’à ce que le problème soit résolu.
Pero hay algunas cosas que debe asegurarse antes de probar las siguientes soluciones.
Primero, asegúrese de que lo que escribe en la búsqueda de YouTube sea correcto, sin errores ortográficos ni espacios innecesarios.
En segundo lugar, asegúrese de utilizar palabras clave cortas para buscar videos.
Tercero, asegúrese de que los filtros de búsqueda no estén seleccionados.
En cuarto lugar, asegúrese de que el video que está buscando no se haya eliminado y puede seguir la guía para verificar los videos de YouTube eliminados.
Fifth, make sure that your internet connection is stable (Related topic: Internet Connection Problems).
Finally, try restarting your device and see if that is helpful.
Top Solutions to YouTube Search Not Working
If you are using YouTube through a browser like Chrome, please try the first four solutions; if you are using the YouTube app, please try the last five solutions.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies;
- Open incognito mode;
- Update your browser;
- Use YouTube on a different browser;
- Correct date and time on your device;
- Clear YouTube app data and cache;
- Update your YouTube app;
- Use YouTube incognito mode;
- Update the operating system on your device.
Fix 1: Clear Your Browser’s Cache and Cookies
Lots of users found “YouTube search not working Chrome”, so this part mainly shows how to clear cache and cookies from Chrome. If you are using other browsers like Firefox, please follow the tutorial.
Here are steps to clear data and cache from Chrome.
Step 1: Click the three-vertical icons in the top right corner of the Chrome interface to access the Chrome menu.
Step 2: Move your mouse over the More tools option in the Chrome menu and then choose the Clean browsing data option.
Step 3: You will see a window called Clear browsing data. On this window, you need to:
- Switch to the Advanced tab.
- Set time range as All time.
- Make sure the checkboxes next to Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files are checked.
- Click the Clear data button.
After clearing cache and cookies from Chrome, go to the YouTube page web page and search for a video to see if the issue “YouTube search not working” gets solved.
Fix 2: Open Incognito Mode
If the issue persists, now try opening incognito mode. Here also take opening incognito mode in Chrome for example. It is quite simple – open Chrome and then press the Ctrl + Shift + N key combination.
You will see a window popping up (like the following screenshot). Then open the YouTube web page through the window and try searching for a video to see if YouTube search works again.
If you are using Firefox, please follow the post to open incognito mode on the browser.
Fix 3: Update your Browser
When the browser you are using is outdated, YouTube search might perform incorrectly.
To update Chrome, you should move your mouse over the Help option in the Chrome menu and choose the About Google Chrome option. The browser will automatically update itself, and when it finishes, you will see the Relaunch button. Click the button to restart the browser and then open the YouTube web page and see if the issue still exists.
To update Firefox, please refer to How to Update Firefox? Here Is the Step-by-Step Tutorial.
Fix 4: Use Another Browser
The last resort way to fix “YouTube searching function not working” on computers is to try another browser. If you are using Chrome, you can switch to its alternative like Firefox. Open the YouTube web page through the alternative and see if the issue disappears.
You might be interested in Chrome vs Firefox.
Fix 5: Correct Date and Time on Your Device
Check whether the data and time setting on your device is right when you encounter “YouTube search not working”. Why? Google works on a real-time basis, which means the incorrect date and time setting can cause problems to sync with the server and this influences the YouTube functions like YouTube search.
To modify your date and time setting on your device (take Android for example), you should:
- Tap the Settings app on your device.
- Type Date and Time into the search bar inside the Settings app.
- Open the Date and Time setting and then turn on the Set automatically setting to make the date and time on your device are right.
Once the time and date are set correctly on your device, go back to the YouTube app and see its search function will perform well.
Fix 6: Clear Data and Cache from the Youtube App
How long have you not cleared data and cache from your YouTube app?
If you use YouTube regularly, there must be lots of data and cache on your device, which can cause your device to lag and proceed to cause YouTube search not working. So, clear data and cache from your YouTube app right now.
Here is how to do that:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap Apps and then tap Apps one more time again.
- Scroll down the app list until you find the YouTube app.
- Tap the Storage option and then tap the two buttons – CLEAR DATA and CLEAR CACHE.
Fix 7: Update Your YouTube APP
Try updating your YouTube app on your device. Go to the play store or app store to look for the latest version of YouTube. If it is available, update your YouTube app to it.
[Fixed] Can’t Install or Update YouTube on Android
What to do if you can’t install or update YouTube on Android? This post details 9 solutions. Give these solutions a try.
Fix 8: Turn on Incognito Mode on the YouTube App
Turning on the incognito mode on your YouTube app might solve “YouTube search not working”. So, give that a try.
Step 1: Open your YouTube app.
Étape 2 : Appuyez sur votre profil, puis sur l’ option Activer la navigation privée.
Essayez maintenant de rechercher une vidéo via l’application YouTube et voyez si elle répondra.
Correctif 9 : Mettre à jour le système d’exploitation sur votre appareil
If the YouTube search function still does not work, please check if your device’s operating system is up to date.
Follow the path to check the OS version: Settings > System & Updates > System Update .
If an update is available, upgrade it and see if the issue is resolved.
User comments: Post a comment
October 10, 2021 by Herman Leave a Comment
YouTube channel not showing in search (HOW TO FIX)
Google is the number one search engine on the net and YouTube is the second search engine, which is also owned by Google. You want your YouTube channel to be found in both of these search engines when a viewer searches for your channel name. For example, if you type drostvideo, without spaces, in the YouTube search engine, my channel is the number one result. If I type the last video, using two separate words, I get the same result. If I type drost video into Google search, my channel is the number one result out of 574,000 results.
In the video below, you will find out why a YouTube channel is not appearing in search and how to fix it.
Click here for the blueprint that gives you step-by-step instructions on how to grow a profitable YouTube channel
- Choose a unique channel name.When you start a YouTube channel, think of a unique channel name that is different from all other channel names on YouTube. You can choose a business name or even choose your own name if no one else is called by that name. You can also use a combination of your own name and a business name, like I did for my channel, Drost Video. This makes the channel name unique and clearly shows what the content of the channel is. You also want your channel name to be short, so it’s easy to remember and spell when a viewer types it into search engines. Avoid adding special characters, numbers, letters, and symbols to your channel name, as this will only make it harder to remember. If your channel name is already taken, avoid using the same channel name, even though YouTube allows you to use the same name as other channels. You can make your channel name unique by adding something to the beginning, middle, or end of your channel name. As I mentioned before, if your own name is unique and not used by anyone else, use that name as it contributes to your personal branding. A few months ago, I changed the name of my channel from Drost Designs to Drost Video to more clearly reflect the content of my channel. You can make your channel name unique by adding something to the beginning, middle, or end of your channel name. As I mentioned before, if your own name is unique and not used by anyone else, use that name as it contributes to your personal branding. A few months ago, I changed the name of my channel from Drost Designs to Drost Video to more clearly reflect the content of my channel. You can make your channel name unique by adding something to the beginning, middle, or end of your channel name. As I mentioned before, if your own name is unique and not used by anyone else, use that name as it contributes to your personal branding. A few months ago, I changed the name of my channel from Drost Designs to Drost Video to more clearly reflect the content of my channel.Here’s how to change the name of your channel. – Connect to YouTube channel, – click customize channel, – click basic info, – hover over pencil icon that says “Edit Channel Name”, edit channel name your channel here – click publish. Another reason I changed my channel name is because I wanted to sync it across all my social media sites and my website. For example, my website name is drostvideo.com and my Instagram account is instagram.com/drostvideo. Later I will show you how to customize your YouTube channel by adding live social media links to YouTube channel banner, so stay tuned. Using the same name for the YouTube channel as well as all your social media sites makes it easy for viewers to remember and find you on the net.
- Set up a custom URL for your channel . A vanity URL is an easy-to-remember channel URL that you can share with your audience. They are based on your channel name. My channel URL is youtube.com/drostvideo or youtube.com/c/drostvideo. Remember that you can delete or set up a new URL for your channel up to three times a year. You must also have 100 or more subscribers. Your channel must be at least 30 days old. Have an uploaded profile image and an uploaded banner image. Here’s how to set up your vanity URL.– Click on the customize link in YouTube Studio. – Click on the basic information, define the personalized URL of your channel, – Click on publish. Then click confirm. If you already have a custom URL and want to change it, just click delete and choose another custom URL. Now you can share this custom channel URL anywhere on the net.
- Add a channel description. Your channel description should summarize the content of your channel. So if someone lands on your About page, they can immediately see what your channel is about. One important thing to know about the About YouTube page is that the first 48 characters show up in YouTube search results. Therefore, be sure to fill out the section so viewers can understand who you are and YouTube can deliver the best snippet for your content. Include keywords describing your channel content as well as your channel name. Here’s how to add or edit your channel description. – Click on the customize link in YouTube Studio. – Click on basic information, – Add your description, – Click on publish.
- Translate your channel name and description.Translating your channel name and description into a language other than English helps viewers in other countries find your channel. Not sure what keywords to include in your description? Don’t worry, use the TubeBuddy keyword research tool to find low competition keywords that have high search volume. Click here to install TubeBuddy For example, if you enter your main keyword into TubeBuddy’s Keyword Explorer, you’ll get a bunch of suggestions. If you click explore, it will show you the keyword score, search volume, competition, number of videos in search results, and number of monthly searches. If I add the word “Why” in front of the main keyphrase, I get a different set of keyword phrases. If I first click on “Why is the YouTube channel not showing?”, I get a great keyword score and a number of videos show up in the search results as well. I can also use one of these related searches to add to my channel description.If you want to see which countries drive the most YouTube channel traffic , click Analytics in YouTube Studio. – Click on the Audience tab. – Scroll down and find the major geographies. For example, if one of your main countries is France, you’ll want to translate your channel name and description to French. Here’s how to translate your channel name and description into French . – Click on personalization in YouTube Studio, – Click on basic information. – In the translation of the channel name and description, click on “add a language”. – In the translation language, select French. If you want to translate your channel description from the, uses Google translator. Enter the English words you want to translate into French and it will automatically translate your words into French. It won’t be a perfect translation, but people in that country will understand what your channel is about. Once you are done translating, just click Done. As you can see, I have already translated my channel name and description into Arabic.
- Customize YouTube channel design and branding . Once viewers discover your YouTube channel in search engines, you want to encourage them to subscribe and become fans of your content. More subscribers means more viewers watch your videos. Add a channel trailer. Your channel trailer should summarize your channel content and encourage viewers to subscribe to your channel. You can also choose a popular video from your video content that gets a lot of traffic. Here’s how to add or edit your channel’s trailer.– Click on the design tab under channel customization. – In Video Spotlight, you can edit or remove the channel trailer. – Add featured video for returning subscribers. This is a video that only your subscribers will see when they visit your channel. Non-subscribers will only see your channel’s trailer, not the featured video.
- Edit or remove featured video for repeat subscribers – Hover over the options icon and click edit or remove video. – Add featured sections containing the playlist to your channel homepage. When viewers visit your channel’s home page, you want them to become more immersed in your content so that they subscribe to your channel.
- Customize your channel homepage layout – Access featured sections in the layout tab under personalization. – Click add section, then select a single reading list. You can add up to 12 sections on your YouTube channel homepage.
- channel mark . Here you can add a profile picture of yourself which will appear alongside your videos and comments. It will also appear in YouTube search results when someone finds your channel. Here’s how to change or remove your profile picture. – Click the checkmark under the channel personalization, – Click change or remove profile picture. You can also add, change, or remove the banner image that displays at the top of your channel’s homepage.
- Add a subscription watermark on all videos in your channel. The watermark will appear at the bottom right of all videos in your channel. In video watermark, you can choose when your watermark will be displayed on your videos. It can be throughout the video, at the end of the video, or you can even choose a custom start time.
- Share your channel and videos on social networking sites . If you want to expose your content outside of YouTube to grow your channel faster, share your channel and videos on social media sites. These sites will appear as clickable links on your channel banner. Here’s how to add links to sites you want to share with your viewers. – Click on the Basic Info tab in the channel customization. – Under Links, you can add up to five links that will appear on your channel banner. – To add a link, click on Add link, add a title. I will add a subscription, then add your URL, then click publish. Now that you know how to make a YouTube channel more searchable.
How do I make YouTube videos more searchable so they appear at the top of search results? Watch this video on how to fix YouTube search results not showing. You will learn seven reasons why YouTube search results are not showing up.
Click here for the one-stop plan that gives you step-by-step instructions on how to grow a profitable YouTube channel.
Related Videos How To Get More Views From YouTube Search Results (For Small Channels) YouTube Search Results Not Showing (How To Fix) YouTube Channel Not Showing In Search (HOW TO FIX) How To rank for keywords highly on YouTube (FOR SMALL CHANNELS) How to get high views on YouTube videos (MY TOP 10 STRATEGIES) How to get more views on YouTube videos that are not getting more views YouTube tags are Already Important (TO RANK HIGHER ON SEARCH) Best Time To Download YouTube Videos YouTube Search Not Working 2021-2022 (HOW TO FIX)
Filed Under: Video Marketing Tagged With: Video Marketing, YouTube Marketing