Common TrueShield Firewall Errors
Common TrueShield Firewall Errors
If your website displays a SiteLock error page similar to the one below, it will have a one or two digit code which you can reference below.
If your browser displays a 400, 401, 403, 404, or 500 error with no SiteLock error page, please contact your hosting provider or server administrator for assistance. This is probably a problem with your server and not related to SiteLock.
Error 8 - TCP connection refused. The hosting provider should whitelist our firewall IP ranges listed at the bottom of this section.
Error 15 - Request blocked due to security settings. This is usually caused by the user modifying a file that the firewall considers a vulnerability or an attack. Please contact us with the SiteLock Incident ID or a screenshot of the page to resolve it.
Error 16 - Request blocked by access control. The firewall thinks the user or action is a bot or caused by a bot. Please contact us with the SiteLock Incident ID or a screenshot of the page to resolve it.
Error 17 - Request blocked due to blocked visitor. The IP, country or user agent has been blocked in the firewall security settings. Check that your IP address, country or user agent is not blocked in your settings. If not and you are still getting this error, please contact us with the SiteLock Incident ID or a screenshot of the page to resolve it.
Error 18 - Request blocked due to Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) detected. Try again later when the DDoS attack is over.
Error 20 - TCP timeout. Please contact your hosting provider first to ensure your network resources are not exhausted and there are no connection errors on your server. If it turns out that it is not a server or network error, please contact us with the SiteLock Incident ID or a screenshot of the page to be resolved.
Error 22 - If your service was interrupted and your firewall settings were not restored, you will receive this error. Please reset your DNS settings to default or contact us for assistance.
Error 26 - SSL connection failed. Your website may not be properly configured to use your SSL. Contact your hosting provider to resolve this issue.
Error 29 : SSL is not supported. Your SSL has not been verified with us. Please contact us with the SiteLock Incident ID or a screenshot of the page to resolve it. If you have a free firewall plan, you will need to purchase the plan that supports SSL
SiteLock firewall IP ranges
August 23, 2022
3 minute read
How to fix ECONNREFUSED: Connection refused by server error
Téléchargez le livre électronique : Accélérez votre site Web. 8 conseils pratiques qui fonctionnent
If you come across the ECONNREFUSED – connection refused by a server error in FileZilla and don’t know how to fix it, then you’re in the right place. This tutorial will show you how to resolve the FTP error through a few methods. Let’s check it out!
|Error variations||Connection attempt failed with “econnrefused – connection refused by server”. Error: connect econnrefused|
|Error causes||Firewall configurations Anti-virus configurations Using incorrect port Incorrect Filezilla configurations|
- Cómo reparar la guía de video de error de conexión SSH rechazada
- Método 1: deshabilitar el firewall/software antivirus en su computadora
- Método 2: cambiar el valor del puerto predeterminado de FileZilla
- Método 3: edición del asistente de configuración de red de FileZilla
- Lecturas adicionales sobre FTP
How to Fix SSH Connection Refused Error Video Guide
Learn how to fix the SSH Connection Refused error using three simple methods in this video tutorial.
Subscribe For more educational videos! Hostinger Academy
Method 1 – Disabling Firewall/Anti-Virus Software on Your Computer
One of the possible reasons for this error is that the firewall and anti-virus software on your computer is preventing FileZilla from making a connection.
If that’s the cause of the Error: Connect econnrefused – connection refused by server error, simply disable the firewall and anti-virus software on your computer and try to reconnect. Here’s how to do so on Windows:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type in Control Panel.
- Head to System and Security and locate Windows Defender Firewall.
- On the left menu bar, find the option to Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- On the next window, modify the settings to turn off Windows Defender Firewall for public and private networks, then press Ok.
On macOS, you need to:
- Click on the Apple menu on the upper left toolbar, then System Preferences.
- Locate the Security & Privacy option.
- Switch to Firewall and click on the Turn Off Firewall option.
To disable different anti-virus software on your computers, check out this article for detailed guidance.
That’s it! This method should fix the ECONNREFUSED – connection refused by server error instantly if your computers’ firewall and anti-virus are the problems. Should it persists, turn everything back on and do the next method instead.
Method 2- Changing FileZilla’s Default Port Value
Sometimes, the error happens because you’re using the wrong port when connecting with FileZilla. If that’s the case, all you need to do is put 22 (default SFTP port) instead of 21 (default FTP port number) on the port column, as seen below.
Important! Make sure to edit the Site Manager’s configuration and change the protocol to SFTP – SSH File Transfer Protocol if you’re using port 22.
Method 3 – Editing FileZilla’s Network Configuration Wizard
Si ninguna de las soluciones anteriores funciona, intente editar las configuraciones de red de FileZilla para corregir el ECONNREFUSED: conexión rechazada por error del servidor. Para acceder al Administrador de configuración de red , esto es lo que debe hacer:
- Conéctese al cliente FTP de FileZilla y diríjase a Editar -> Asistente de configuración de red .
- Tap Next to continue once a Firewall and Router Setup Wizard window appears.
- Choose Passive (recommended) as the default transfer mode and check the Allow fallback to another transfer mode on failure option .
- Select Use the server’s external IP address instead .
- Choose Get external IP address from the following URL . If the input field is empty, enter the default value, which is http://ip.filezilla-project.org/ip.php , and continue.
- Leave the port range settings unchanged and select Request a port from the operating system .
Now all you have to do is make sure everything is set up correctly. Click the Test button and FileZilla will try to connect to probe.filezilla-project.org to perform some simple tests.
If you don’t get any errors while testing, try logging into your hosting account again and you should log in with no problems. If you still see the message ECONREFUSED: Connection refused by a server error, please contact your hosting’s customer support team for assistance.
Further reading on FTP
How to fix error 421: too many connections from this IP address in Filezilla? How to check if FTP port 21 is not blocked? How to create an FTP account?
At the end of this short tutorial, you have learned how to fix FileZilla error: Connect econnfused: Connection refused by server error via three easy methods. Here is a brief overview of why this is happening and how to fix it:
- Antivirus software and computer firewalls that prevent FileZilla from establishing a connection ; temporarily disable them on your computers.
- Using wrong port when connecting – Use default SFTP port number (22) instead of FTP port (21)
- Incorrect settings in your FileZilla client – Change the settings through FileZilla’s network setup wizard.
Simple, right? If you have any other solutions, or have any questions, let us know in the comments!
Was this tutorial helpful to you?
Edvinas is a professional mentor and trainer of customer support agents. When he’s not teaching the secrets of exceptional service, he enjoys traveling the world and playing basketball.
More Edvinas B.