WordPress Backup with All-in-One WP Migration Plugin
Updated May 7, 2021 by Stormy Scott
2 minutes, 58 seconds to read
AddThis share buttons
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share by email Share on more
Backups are important. Even aside from website maintenance, making sure your files, documents, and other day-to-day items are backed up is an important mitigating task for all aspects of life.
If you’re new to WordPress, the good news is that you can easily create and manage backups with the All-in-One WP Migration plugin. Read on to find out how:
- Install WP Migration all in one
- WordPress backup with WP migration all in one
- Download WordPress Backup with All-in-One WP Migration
- Restore WordPress with All-in-One WP Migration
- Delete WordPress Backup with All-in-One WP Migration
Install All-in-One WP Migration Plugin
Of course, the first step to using All-in-One WP Migration is to install and activate the plugin. Follow the steps below to add the all-in-one WP migration to your WordPress website.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add New .
- Type “all in one wp migration” in the search field.
- You will see the message “All-in-one WP Migration. Click Install Now , then Activate .
- You will now have a new menu item for all-in-one WP migration. Click to access the features we will cover below.
Download WordPress Backup plugin with WP Migration All in One
Once the plugin is installed and activated, it’s time to create a backup of your WordPress site. You can so easily by following the steps below:
- Navigate to All-in-one WP Migration > Backups .
- Click Create Backup .
- Once the backup is created, it will appear on the Backups page .
Download WordPress Backup with All-in-One WP Migration
Once the backup is created, you can download it and save it to your local computer or another storage area for safekeeping. You can do this easily by following the steps below:
- Navigate to All-in-one WP Migration > Export .
- Click Export to .
- From the drop-down menu, select File .
- It will generate a WordPress backup. Click the download link once the build is complete.
download wordpress backup Restore WordPress with all-in-one WP migration
In the event of a disaster, you can quickly restore your WordPress website using the All-in-One WP Migration plugin. Follow the steps below on how to do this.
Il convient de noter que vous devez déjà avoir une sauvegarde enregistrée sur votre ordinateur local.
- Navigate to All-in-One WP Migration > Import.
- Click the Import From.
- In the drop-down menu select File.
- Locate and open the file you want to restore. It should end in a “.wpress” extension.
- A pop-up will state “The import process will overwrite your website including the database, media, plugins, and themes. Please ensure that you have a backup of your data before proceeding to the next step.” Click Proceed to continue.
- Your backup will then restore your WordPress site. It will notify you when it is finished with a message stating “Your data has been imported successfully!”
- All-in-One WP Migration recommends resetting your WordPress permalinks at this point. Click Permalink Settings > Save Changes .
- You will see a message that says “Updated permalink structure”. Click Save Changes again . Your site should then be successfully restored and functional.
upload file to restore wordpress Delete WordPress backup with All-in-One WP Migration
Eventually, you will need to delete backups to save disk space on your server. Not only is this a good practice, but it also contributes to the speed and health of your website. To delete a backup, follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to WP All-in-One Migration > Backups .
- You will see a list of your backups. Hover over the red X next to the backup you want to delete.
- Click Delete .
- A message will ask you “Are you sure you want to delete this file?” Click OK to delete the backup from your server.
delete backup in wordpress
Get more tips and tricks on WordPress backups to protect your website from risk!
Stormy Scott Content Marketing Writer
Stormy is a Content Marketing Writer at InMotion Hosting. His content is focused on WordPress, web design, and small business help articles.
More from Stormy