Posted onOctober 5, 2021
Share Tweet Subscribe
Question from Billie: Rick, several of my friends have told me that they can’t share my posts because they don’t have a “share” button.
Apparently it just started happening because people used to share my stuff all the time.
Is there a setting I need to change or something? I really need to solve this problem as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Response from Rick: Your friends are right, Billie. Facebook no longer displays the “Share” button on posts whose privacy level is set to “Friends”.
His reasoning is that if you have a post set to “Friends”, there’s no need for your friends to share it, because your friends will see it anyway, and people who aren’t your friends won’t be able to see it. asset.
The only problem with this is that Facebook severely limits the number of friends who can see your posts.
In fact, any friends who don’t regularly interact with your posts by liking, commenting, and sharing will stop seeing your posts in their feed after a while.
Unfortunately, there is no way to force the “Share” button to appear on posts you mark as “Friends”. It’s like that now.
But that said, if you really want as many Facebook users as possible to see a given post, you can always change your privacy level to “Public”.
Setting a post to “Public” will have two effects:
1 – Display the “Share” button on the post.
2 – Allow anyone on Facebook to see the post (as long as you don’t block them, or vice versa).
Conclusion: Facebook has made several important changes that limit how your posts can be shared and viewed by other members of the Facebook community.
As always, I’ll do my best to keep you posted on any new changes that are sure to happen in the future.
In the meantime, if you want the “Share” button to appear on a certain post, you will need to set the privacy level of that post to “Public”.
Hope that helps, Billie. Good luck!
Billie Update: That’s not what I wanted to hear, Rick. But thank you for the clear and complete explanation.
Share Tweet Subscribe
26 August 202229 March 2022 by Alex
Le partage est peut-être l’une des fonctionnalités les plus élémentaires et les plus populaires de Facebook. Le partage permet à vos amis de partager vos messages avec leurs amis, le tout d’un simple clic sur un bouton.
While you might want your friends and family to see your posts, you might not want them sharing your posts with others. Sometimes, you might even want to post something to Facebook without sharing it with anyone.
Thankfully, you can adjust your privacy settings to remove the share button from your posts on Facebook. In this article, we’ll show you how in both the Android / iOS mobile and and via the Facebook website on your PC.
How to Remove the Share Button from Facebook
Puede eliminar el botón de compartir de sus publicaciones de Facebook en la sección Perfil y etiquetado de su Configuración de privacidad . A continuación, le mostraremos cómo hacerlo tanto en la aplicación móvil Android/iOS como en su PC:
Aplicación móvil Android/iOS
- Abra la aplicación móvil de Facebook e inicie sesión en su cuenta.
- Appuyez sur votre photo de profil/3 barres dans le coin supérieur droit, faites défiler vers le bas et appuyez sur Paramètres et confidentialité > Paramètres.
- Sur l’écran suivant, appuyez sur Paramètres du profil, puis sur Profil et marquage.
- Enfin, appuyez sur Autoriser les autres à partager vos publications dans leurs histoires ? et modifiez ce paramètre sur Non.
- Ouvrez facebook.com dans un navigateur Web et connectez-vous à votre compte.
- Click your profile picture in the top right corner of Facebook and select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- In the menu on the left of the next screen, click on Privacy, then on Stories.
- Finally, turn off Allow others to share your public stories on your own story? by clicking the Flip Right icon in the right panel.
- How to See Posts You’ve Liked on Facebook
- How not to save posts on Instagram
- How to Enable Apps Button on Samsung Galaxy S10
- How to share your screen on Discord
- How to share your screen in a Zoom meeting
- How to share your screen on Microsoft Teams
Categories Facebook , Swifty Post navigation
How to See Posts You’ve Liked on Facebook
How to Change Font Size on Facebook