- 1 Unable to access this site
- 2 5 Ways to Put Two Images Side by Side in Android
- 2.1 1. Use Google Photos
- 2.2 2. Using Samsung Gallery
- 2.3 3. Using Instagram App
- 2.4 4. Using Photo Editor-Collage Maker
- 2.5 5. Using Canva
- 2.6 7 Best Multitasking Features Of The Samsung G…
- 2.7 7 Best Samsung Galaxy Fold Hidden Features
- 2.8 How to use maintenance mode on Samsung Galaxy…
- 2.9 How to Hide Persistent Notifications on Android
- 2.10 How to change the background of calls on Samsung Galaxy…
- 2.11 How to set up voicemail on Samsung Galaxy…
- 2.12 Top 7 Ways to Fix YouTube App Lag…
- 2.13 How to add and access an emergency contact on…
- 2.14 How to Add a Messages App Icon Back to…
- 2.15 Top 9 Ways to Fix Overnight Battery Drain…
- 3 Video How to put 2 pictures side by side on iphone
Unable to access this site
The web page at https://www.makeuseof.com/ways-combine-photos-iphone/ may be temporarily unavailable or may have moved permanently to a new web address.
5 Ways to Put Two Images Side by Side in Android
by Mehvish June 17, 2022
Written byMehvish Jun 17, 2022
Image comparison is a great way to track long-term progress. For example, if you just started hitting the gym, tried the couch on a 5k run, or just have a new look you want to share on social media. Looking at two photos side by side can be a good motivation to continue the routine. But how to place two images next to each other on the fly to form only one? Here’s how to easily place two images side by side on Android.
Add two images side by side in Android
You can take side-by-side photos on Android in the following 5 ways:
1. Use Google Photos
Consider yourself lucky if you have an Android phone because you don’t need an extra app to do the job. We’ll use Google Photo’s robust native editor to create a collage from two images.
1. Open the Google Photos app on your Android phone.
2. Touch and hold an image to open the selection option. The first image will be selected. Touch to select the second image.
3. To open the images in the Google Photos editor, tap the + sign at the top and select Collage from the menu.
4. The two images will automatically merge side by side into a collage.
Sadly, Google Photos doesn’t allow users to customize the border size or style between the two pictures. However, you can make changes to the picture by adding filters, cropping it, or writing text using the Markup tool, etc.
In order to do that, tap on the Edit button at the bottom. This will open the picture in Google Photo’s native editor. Learn how to edit pictures in Google Photos.
2. Using Samsung Gallery
If you own a Samsung Galaxy phone, you can use its native Gallery app to put 2 pictures next to each other. Follow these steps:
1. Launch the Samsung Gallery app on your phone.
2. Tap on the three-dot icon at the top and select Create from the menu.
Tip: You may also select the two photos first followed by tapping on the three-dot icon > Create.
3. Choose Collage. Then, select the two photos that you want to merge into one and hit the Collage button at the bottom.
4. You will reach the collage editing screen. Here you can choose from different layouts available for your collage. You can put two pictures side by side or one above the other.
You can even customize the border style, size, and color using the last icon at the bottom. Learn how to customize a collage on Samsung Galaxy phones.
When done, tap on Save to download the picture on your phone.
Tip: Check out other useful features offered by the Samsung Gallery app.
3. Using Instagram App
If you are an Instagram user, the Instagram Android app also lets you put two pictures side by side. You will need to use the stories feature to achieve the same.
1. Launch the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Tap on the +(add) icon at the top and select Story.
3. Tap on the Camera button if the viewfinder screen doesn’t show up.
4. On the viewfinder screen, tap on the Layout icon to enable the collage mode. By default, four photos layout will be selected. Since we need to put only two pictures side by side, tap on the icon below the Layout icon to see the available collage layouts.
5. Select the two photos’ layout.
6. Now, you can either capture new photos and put them side by side or choose existing photos from your gallery. For the latter, tap on the Gallery icon at the bottom and select the first photo that should be added to the collage.
7. Then, tap on the same Gallery icon again and choose the second photo. Hit the Checkmark icon at the bottom to approve the collage.
Tip: Check out other ways to add multiple photos to one Instagram story.
8. You can now share the new picture on Instagram stories or download it on your phone by tapping on the Download icon.
Tip: You can also use the dedicated Layout from the Instagram app to put two pictures side by side.
4. Using Photo Editor-Collage Maker
A major drawback of the first and third method is that it doesn’t let you add more space to the canvas. Secondly, if both the pictures have a different aspect ratio, these methods automatically crop these pictures. These problems can be easily solved by using third-party apps like the Photo Editor-Collage Maker app.
Here are the steps to put two pictures side by side using the Photo Editor-Collage maker app.
1. Install the Photo Editor-Collage maker app on your Android phone.
2. Open the app and tap on the Grid button.
3. Select the two photos that you want to keep side by side and hit the Next button.
4. The photos will be merged into one picture. You can customize the layout style, ratio, border, and background using the options at the bottom. Finally, tap on the checkmark icon.
5. The app further lets you add text or stickers, and draw on images. Hit the Save button to download the image on your phone.
5. Using Canva
If you don’t like the editing features offered by the above apps, you can use another web and mobile app called Canva to make a collage from two pictures.
1. Download and open the Canva Android app. (free but requires sign-in).
2. Hit the + sign at the bottom right of the home page to create a new document.
3. Although you can experiment with multiple canvas sizes, I suggest you pick the Instagram post option. We do that because we need a bigger canvas size for the template we’re going to use. Canva offers default templates for popular social media platforms and even a custom size template.
Now, from the Template gallery search for, ‘comparison’ and select the desired free template.
4. Canva gives you a lot of flexibility to edit the templates. The first step is to change the preview pictures. To do that, tap on the first picture and hit Replace at the bottom of the page. Next, from the Gallery pick the picture of your choice. Follow the same steps to change the second photo.
5. Similarly, in order to change the template text, tap on the text and then on the Edit option at the bottom. Or, hit the Delete button to remove the text. Learn how to edit the text in Canva.
6. Seguro que hay usuarios que prefieren un lienzo en blanco a una plantilla. Bueno, tú también puedes hacer eso. Siga los mismos pasos hasta que reemplace las imágenes y el texto de la plantilla. Luego toque todos los elementos uno por uno. Por ejemplo, el marco de la foto, el fondo, etc. Presione el botón Papelera de reciclaje (Eliminar) para eliminar estos elementos. Hacer esto te dejará con dos imágenes y un espacio en blanco al final.
6. Pour enregistrer l’image finale, sélectionnez l’ option Enregistrer l’image (flèche vers le bas) en haut.
Derniers commentaires : le moyen le plus simple de mettre deux photos côte à côte
Maintenant que vous savez comment mettre deux images côte à côte dans Android, essayez-le. À mon avis, la méthode native Google Photos et Samsung Gallery est la meilleure si l’image est destinée à un usage personnel. Si vous souhaitez le montrer à d’autres, utilisez des applications tierces car elles vous permettent de donner aux images de comparaison un aspect professionnel et propre. Vous pouvez également utiliser des applications de générateur de mèmes ou des applications de photomaton pour ajouter des images les unes à côté des autres et également ajouter du texte à la photo.
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email
Mehvish is a tech enthusiast from Kashmir. A computer engineer by training, she was always eager to help when someone found technology difficult. She’s been writing about tech for over 6 years and her favorite verticals include how-to guides, how-to’s, tips & tricks for Android, iOS/iPadOS, Windows, social media and web apps. You will also find his work on Make Tech Easier, Guiding Tech and Nerds Chalk
You might also like
7 Best Multitasking Features Of The Samsung G…
September 21, 2022
7 Best Samsung Galaxy Fold Hidden Features
September 19, 2022
How to use maintenance mode on Samsung Galaxy…
September 18, 2022
How to Hide Persistent Notifications on Android
September 16, 2022
How to change the background of calls on Samsung Galaxy…
September 15, 2022
How to set up voicemail on Samsung Galaxy…
September 10, 2022
Top 7 Ways to Fix YouTube App Lag…
September 8, 2022
How to add and access an emergency contact on…
September 5, 2022
How to Add a Messages App Icon Back to…
September 2, 2022
Top 9 Ways to Fix Overnight Battery Drain…
August 30, 2022