- 1 Featured Photos on Facebook: Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- 1.1 1. How to Set Up Featured Photos on Facebook – PC
- 1.2 2. How to Set Up Featured Photos on Facebook – Mobile
- 1.3 1. Desktop Computers-
- 1.4 2. Mobile-
- 1.5 1. Delete Featured Collection- PC
- 1.6 2. Delete Featured Collection- Facebook app
- 1.7 1. When you add featured photos on Facebook, are they published?
- 1.8 2. Can your friends see your featured photos?
- 1.9 3. How to retrieve selected images from Facebook?
- 1.10 4. What happens when a featured photo is added?
- 1.11 5. Can you see who sees your featured photos on Facebook?
- 2 Video How to change featured photos on facebook
Featured Photos on Facebook: Here’s Everything You Need to Know
Interested in creating a lucrative Facebook profile? Learn how to set up featured photos on Facebook here.
As the old saying goes…the first impression is the best impression. Of course, its legitimacy is debatable, but you can’t deny the fact that you have a split second to impress someone, good or bad!
The same goes for Facebook profiles. People look at your Facebook page and immediately pass judgment.
While it won’t bother your personal Facebook page, it can have a significant impact on your business. You can make a big impression on your audience by regularly updating your Facebook photos. They appear at the top of your page.
Essentially, they’re designed to give visitors an overview of your page, the products/services you offer, and more. When omitted, Facebook automatically pulls your Page’s most recent or popular images (based on engagement) into this section. However, sometimes these popular images may not be the best to display.
Sometimes they can be low resolution or not in line with your social media goals for the given time period. But here’s the good news. You can choose which featured photos your audience can see. Interested in knowing more? keep reading
- Facebook Featured Photos vs. Photo Posts
- How to set featured photos on Facebook?
- How to Edit/Delete Facebook Featured Photos You Selected?
- How do I delete a featured collection?
- Check Who Viewed – Facebook Featured Photos
- FAQ: Featured Photos on Facebook
Facebook Featured Photos vs. Photo Posts
A featured photo is meant to be a bit more meaningful than your regular profile photos. While the photos you post stay on your wall, featured photos have a special place at the top of your profile. They are quite different from standard photos as they are displayed in the same way as Facebook stories.
Also, your featured photo collection is not posted to your wall if you choose to add or remove entries. They just stay on your profile page, waiting to be explored by other Facebook users.
How to set featured photos on Facebook?
1. How to Set Up Featured Photos on Facebook – PC
- Log in to your business account on Facebook. Enter your credentials to login.
- Next, tap your profile picture in the top right corner of your profile.
- Now click on the “Add Featured” option. It is available under the “Input” option on the left.
- Tap “Add New” and choose the images you want to add to the Featured section.
- Click on ‘Next’ and then on ‘Save’.
2. How to Set Up Featured Photos on Facebook – Mobile
You can add a new featured photo in a jiffy.
- First, launch the Facebook app and tap on your profile picture thumbnail on the top left of your screen.
- Scroll down and you’ll find your “Featured” collection just above the “Edit public details” button.
- Now it’s collection time.
- Press the “Add New” button.
- Now tap the “Add more” button and Facebook will open your Camera Roll for you.
- Tap the photo you want to add to your featured photos list and it will be checked.
- Then press the ‘Next’ button.
- Finally, when you are done, press “Save”.
If the process is taking a long time, it’s probably because your Facebook is slow.
How to edit/delete the Facebook photos you have selected?
If you changed your mind after adding a certain image to your Featured section, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. All you need to do is follow the steps below to edit/remove them.
1. Desktop Computers-
- Log in to your Facebook profile and tap your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Now click on the “Edit Featured” option available just below your profile picture.
- Click on the X mark on the photo to remove it. Alternatively, you can also click on ‘Upload photo’ to add new ones from your computer or choose from photos already on Facebook.
- Once you are satisfied with the changes, click on ‘Save’.
- Launch the Facebook app on your smartphone.
- Now, tap on your profile picture thumbnail.
- Next, scroll down and tap on your ‘Featured’ photo collection.
- Tap on ‘Edit featured collection.’
- Then, tap on the photos you want to remove from your collection.
- Lastly, tap on ‘Save’ to save the changes you have made to the collection.
Note: Removing a picture from the Featured section does not delete the original one. The photo will continue to remain where you have originally selected it from and it will be visible to the audience (based on your profile settings) as well. However, featured photos are public and are visible to everyone.
How to delete a featured collection?
In case you are not satisfied with removing one or two Featured photos, you delete your Featured photos collection altogether. Here is how to do it:
1. Delete Featured Collection- PC
- Launch any browser on your computer and go to Facebook.
- Log in with your username and password
- Click on the profile button at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Now, scroll down and click on ‘Edit featured.’
- Then click on the ‘Featured’ collection to edit its contents.
- Finally, scroll down and click on ‘Delete Featured Collection.’
Facebook will send a confirmation. To delete the featured collection, tap “Delete”. All photos would be quickly deleted from your profile.
2. Delete Featured Collection- Facebook app
- Open the Facebook app on your smartphone.
- Next, tap your profile picture thumbnail in the top left corner.
- Now scroll down and tap Featured Photo Collection.
- Tap the ellipsis button in the upper right corner of any selected photo.
- Click “Delete Feature Collection”.
- Finally, press ‘Ok’ to confirm your action.
Your featured photo collection will be deleted immediately.
Check Who Viewed – Facebook Featured Photos
To find out who viewed your featured collections on Facebook, you need to go to your profile and tap on one of your featured collections. After tapping on one of your featured collections, you can see how many people viewed it by tapping the arrow icon.
There will be a few categories, including “Viewers” and “Others.” “Viewers” are your friends on Facebook who have viewed your collection.
On the other hand, “Others” are people you are not friends with on Facebook who have viewed your collection.
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to tell the specific person who viewed your collection if you’re not friends with them on Facebook.
Here’s how to find out who viewed your featured collections on Facebook:
- Open Facebook and tap on your profile picture
- See one of your featured collections
- Tap the arrow icon
- Check your viewers
- Check your other viewers
When you scroll down the page, you can see an “Other” category. You can touch “Others” to get more information about it. These featured viewers on Facebook are views of people who are not your Facebook friends. Reviews from people who aren’t your Facebook friends are anonymous and you can’t tell who they are.
FAQ: Featured Photos on Facebook
1. When you add featured photos on Facebook, are they published?
No, Facebook does not post to your News Feed when you add a featured photo. Your Facebook contacts should visit your Facebook profile to see all of your featured photos.
2. Can your friends see your featured photos?
Yes, your friends can see all of your featured photos by visiting your profile. Just click on the “Featured Photos” collection.
3. How to retrieve selected images from Facebook?
Facebook displayed the featured photos as still images. But now, in his modern avatar, all the photos are compiled into a single Story. Since the old skin has been abandoned forever, there is no way to get them back.
4. What happens when a featured photo is added?
When you choose a new featured photo, it won’t be posted to your News Feed. A new instance of the photo is created. Finally, the photo is added to your featured collection. It can be seen by anyone who visits your profile, unless you block it, of course.
5. Can you see who sees your featured photos on Facebook?
Yes, you can see who viewed your selected photos. But this is only possible if the viewers are your Facebook friends. Those who don’t appear in the list of other viewers and you can’t see who they are.