- 1 How to hacer a miniatura para tus videos de YouTube, usando un marco del video o herramientas de edición en tu computadora
- 1.1 Select an auto-generated thumbnail
- 1.2 Create a custom thumbnail and upload it
- 1.3 How to Edit a Zoom Video Recording with Youtube for Free
- 1.4 How to ‘tag’ someone on YouTube by replying to a comment on desktop or mobile
- 1.5 How to Upload an iMovie Video to YouTube on Your Mac, Without Leaving the iMovie App
- 1.6 How to Enable Dark Mode on YouTube to Reduce Eye Strain and Make Videos Pop on Your Screen
- 1.7 How to Merge Multiple YouTube Accounts by Reuploading Your Videos
- 2 Video How to change facebook video thumbnail
Hogar It indicates an expandable section or menu, or sometimes previous/next navigation options. Transmission
How to hacer a miniatura para tus videos de YouTube, usando un marco del video o herramientas de edición en tu computadora
By David Johnson
February 9, 2021
The letter F. An envelope. It indicates the possibility of sending an e-mail.
A curved arrow pointing to the right.
A stylized bird with an open mouth, tweeting. Twitter LinkedIn Flipboard The word “in”. A stylized letter F. The letter F. Facebook An envelope. It indicates the possibility of sending an e-mail. Correo electrónico An image of a chain link. It symmobilizes a link URL to a website. Copy link
Download the app
YouTube thumbnails are easy to access and exchange. Reuters
- To create a personalized thumbnail for YouTube, you can use the editing herramientas that are probably available on your PC or Mac computer.
- You can’t create a custom thumbnail on the YouTube website itself, but you can choose from three predefined options once your video has been processed.
Your YouTube video thumbnail is like the cover of a book – while you shouldn’t judge content by it, people do anyway. That’s why the thumbnail should represent the video and look as good as possible.
When you upload a video to YouTube, you can choose from several pre-selected thumbnails or create your own.
How to Create a Thumbnail for Your YouTube Videos
Select an auto-generated thumbnail
You can choose a video thumbnail when you initially upload the video, or later when the video has been processed. You can even edit it after it is published.
If you’re uploading the video, you should see three thumbnail options appear at the bottom of the upload screen while the video is uploading and processing. To choose one, just click on it.
If you want to create your own thumbnail, see the “Create a custom thumbnail and upload it” section below.
Thumbnails available via YouTube. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
If the video has already been edited or published, you can set or change the thumbnail from YouTube Studio.
1. On the YouTube homepage, click your avatar on the top right of the screen and choose “YouTube Studio”.
Go to YouTube Studio to select a thumbnail for your uploaded video. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
2. In the left pane, click “Videos”.
3. Hover your mouse over the video you want to edit and click the pen icon that appears.
4. On the Basic Details page, you should see three auto-generated thumbnails. Choose the one you want to use, then click “Save” at the top right.
Choose the thumbnail you like, then save your changes. If you want to create your own thumbnail, see the section below on creating a custom thumbnail for your YouTube video. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
Create a custom thumbnail and upload it
If none of the auto-generated thumbnails work for you, you can create your own, but YouTube doesn’t have any tools to do that. The easiest way to create a thumbnail is to use a screenshot utility such as Snipping Tool on a Windows computer or one of several screenshot methods on a Mac computer.
Here’s how you can do it on a PC or Mac.
1. Open the video on your computer in any media player.
2. Pause the video where you want to create the thumbnail.
Open the video and pause it when you want to turn it into a thumbnail. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
3. Start the Snipping Tool from the Start menu on Windows or press Command + Shift + 4 on a Mac to enter snipping mode. If you’re using the Snipping Tool, click “Mode” and choose “Rectangular Snip.”
Adjust the snip tool to create a rectangular snip. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
4. Cliquez dans le coin supérieur gauche de la vidéo et faites glisser le rectangle vers le coin inférieur droit. Veillez à capturer aussi près que possible de la fenêtre vidéo.
5. La capture d’écran apparaîtra dans l’outil de capture. Cliquez sur “Fichier” puis cliquez sur “Enregistrer sous”. Nommez l’image miniature et enregistrez-la. Si vous utilisez un Mac, la photo apparaîtra dans le coin inférieur droit de l’écran et disparaîtra en quelques secondes. Une fois qu’il a disparu, il a été enregistré.
6. Revenez à la vidéo dans YouTube et, à côté des vignettes générées automatiquement, cliquez sur “Vignette personnalisée”.
7. Choisissez le fichier que vous venez d’enregistrer.
Many creators also use programs like Adobe Photoshop to design their custom thumbnails. If you want a thumbnail that isn’t just an image of your video, consider designing your own.
Apple Macbook Pro 13 inch display with touch bar
$1,299.00 from Apple
$1,199.99 from Best Buy
Lenovo IdeaPad 130
$469.99 from Walmart
$299.99 from Best Buy
Related Tech Reference coverage:
How to Edit a Zoom Video Recording with Youtube for Free
How to ‘tag’ someone on YouTube by replying to a comment on desktop or mobile
How to Upload an iMovie Video to YouTube on Your Mac, Without Leaving the iMovie App
How to Enable Dark Mode on YouTube to Reduce Eye Strain and Make Videos Pop on Your Screen
How to Merge Multiple YouTube Accounts by Reuploading Your Videos
Dave Johnson is a technology journalist who writes about consumer technology and how the industry is transforming the speculative world of science fiction into modern reality. Dave grew up in New Jersey before joining the Air Force to operate satellites, teach space operations and do space launch planning. He then spent eight years as a content manager on Microsoft’s Windows team. As a photographer, Dave has photographed wolves in their natural environment; he is also a diving instructor and co-host of several podcasts. Dave has authored over two dozen books and has contributed to numerous sites and publications, including CNET, Forbes, PC World, How To Geek, and Insider.
Learn more Learn less Tech How to YouTube YouTube Studio
Two crossed lines that form an ‘X’. It indicates a way to close an interaction or dismiss a notification.
The Rise and Fall of the American Mall
MSI Sponsored Content
Students set goals for the upcoming school year. Here’s how the right computer can help them succeed.
MSI Sponsored Content
5 things to consider before buying a new work laptop
Content sponsored by Lenovo Thinkpad X13s
How secure and reliable tools allow your staff to stay productive on their terms
Content sponsored by Quizlet
How your brand’s advertising investments can make education accessible to students around the world
Content sponsored by Quizlet
How to Build Long-Term Brand Loyalty with Gen Z